Monday, November 30, 2009

Keep the Ball Rolling






I'm always on the lookout for things to make for my son. It's so easy to make cute dresses and little ruffle pants for my daughter, but a little harder to find something to sew for an almost 5 year old boy.

I've seen so many of these crayon roll thingys on etsy and thought I'd give it a try. I found this great tutorial from Skip to My Lou.

I used baseball fabric for the front and on the inside is the same baseball fabric and red and white polka dots. I skipped the rickrack since I thought it was a little too girly for my little guy. It turned out really well and the directions were really easy to follow. And I have to say, I was a little leary that the crayons would stay in their little pockets when it was all rolled up. Even with a lot of shaking, those crayons didn't move! I was very impressed! Now I don't have to search the black hole that is the bottom of my purse for crayons when we're at a restaurant or the doctor's office. Yipee!


All rolled up!

Unrolled - it holds 16 crayons

No comments:

Post a Comment